LACM Cool Peel
The lactic acid peel with no downtime, no burning, no redness.
Your best alternative to Glycolic & Chemical Peels
What is the Environ LACM Cool Peel?
Environ peels are based on physiology of skin; it should be protected and treated very well. If the skin is aggressively peeled this disrupts the skins natural barrier and water will easily be lost. This would enable environmental toxins to enter the skin more easily. The Environ peel removes the excess horny layer of the skin and maintains the water-proofing barrier qualities of the skin. Environ Peels are ideal for hydrating and refining.
The LACM (Lactic Acid Cream Mask) Cool Peel will repair and encourage exfoliation, revealing fresh and youthful skin.
How does the Environ Cool Peel Work?
Environ have a variety of peeling systems, using acidic creams and gels instead of using acid solutions. These peels preserve as much epidermis as possible while at the same time, getting the safest effective concentration of hydronium ions into the dermis. These peels are designed to preserve the architecture of the skin simultaneously stimulating the fibroblasts in the dermis to increase the quantity of collagen in the dermis.
What skin issues is Environ’s LACM Cool Peel is Effective?
• Relieves problematic skin conditions (including acne-prone and rosacea skin types)
• Promotes collagen formation
• Improves the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
• Skin prone to redness
• Helps refine the texture of sun damaged skin
Who is the LACM client?
Ideal for both men and women. If your skin has a rough uneven texture, wrinkles and fine lines, solar keratosis, rosacea, uneven skin tone, and problematic skin issues.
The Cool Peel can also be used on the body.
How many LACM Peels are needed?
A course of 6-8 treatments may be recommended.
The whole Environ peel treatment takes approximately 30 minutes. However, this will vary if it’s combined with another treatment or if the upgrade of a super hydrating and soothing alginate mask is chosen.
How long after an Environ Cool Peel may I return to normal activities?
Make-up can be applied immediately. You may experience mild redness following your peel. One to three days following your procedure, you may notice mild to moderate peeling of the skin.
Advantages of the Environ Peel:
• Versatile system
• Can be customised
• No downtime
• Cool and painless
How is Environ Cool Peel Different?
Environ is different from other peels, because Environ pioneered the production of acidic creams and gels instead of using acid solutions. Strong acid solutions are usually colourless; one might end up doing a deeper peel than intended. When a strong acid is applied to the skin it burns a great deal. The cool peel is cool, no burning sensation.
Environ made the LACM peels as a white cream:
• The concentration of acid used is low, so one cannot make a peel too deep
• The product is left on the skin for a longer time – this will give the same effects as a strong concentration of acid without damaging the skin.
• A thicker layer can be applied, which would present more acid to the skin than a thin layer will – hence the peel can be made deeper if required, but this can be controlled.
• The white cream allows the therapist to see exactly where the acid has been applied, and also determine the thickness of the application.
Effects of Peeling
• Acne less active
• Refines enlarged pores
• Blackheads melted / removed
• Skin may become dryer
• The skin becomes smoother
• Healthy cells survive
• Damaged cells are removed
• Promotes collagen formation
• Reduces inflammation
Add Super Moisturizing Alginated Clay Mask
This mask cools (as it absorbs heat) and soothes the skin. It restores the pH to normal levels and physically obstructs trans-epidermal water loss thus promoting hydration of the skin. Its cooling effect reduces redness and the effects of acne. This facial is suited for all skin types as it increases the skin’s vitality, brightens and restores a healthy look.
Most treatments are spaced a week apart, depends on condition.
• Avoid sun exposure, including sun beds, for a minimum of 1-week
• Avoid strenuous exercise or swimming for 24-hours
• No waxing, extractions, electrolysis, radiation therapy or microdermabrasion for at least 1-week.
• Don’t rub, pick or irritate skin
• Do not use any AHAs, BHAs, or any type of exfoliating mask for 24-hours.
• Moisturize the skin day and night.
• Use sunscreen.
Contra-indications to Peeling
• Sun worshippers / sunbed users
• Accutane–avoid for 6 – 12 months prior to peel
• Recent microdermabrasion
• Skin diseases
• Radiation treatment or traumatized skin
• Fever blisters (not a contra-indication but an outbreak can occur)